○ 1 package Buttermilk Biscuit Mix
○ 1 cup (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cubed
○ 1 1/2 cups cultured whole buttermilk
○ Melted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, if not non-stick.
2. In a large mixing bowl, pour in the Buttermilk Biscuit Mix. Add the cubed cold butter and toss to coat.
3. Rub the pieces of butter between your thumbs and forefingers until they are the size of peanuts. Stir in the buttermilk until a crumbly dough starts to form. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface.
4. Squeeze the mixture together a few times and pat into a 1-inch-thick square. Carefully fold in half. Cut the dough in half crosswise and stack the halves on top of each other. Pat into a 1-inch thick square again. Repeat the folding, cutting, and stacking 3 more times. Lightly flour the dough and hands as needed.
5. Pat or roll to 1-inch thickness and cut into large rounds using a cookie cutter or squares using a sharp knife. Place the baking sheet and freeze for 15 minutes or refrigerate for 30 minutes. Brush the tops with melted butter.
6. Bake until golden brown on top, about 18 minutes. Brush with more melted butter, if desired.