○ 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese, room temperature
○ 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
○ 1 pound powdered sugar
○ 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
1. In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, add the cream cheese and butter. Beat on medium speed until smooth and fluffy, about 1 minute.
2. With the mixer on low, gradually add the powdered sugar. Once the sugar is fully incorporated, add the vanilla. Increase the speed to medium-high and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Use immediately.
Makes 3 1/4 cups frosting